Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Washington Coast (First sight)

We departed Astoria, OR and crossed over to the state of Washington via Astoria-Megler Bridge, which is a continuous truss bridge that spans the mouth of the Columbia River. The bridge span was 4.2 miles. 
 Astoria-Megler Bridge


Entrance to the Astoria-Megler Bridge.













We entered Washington @ around 4:30pm and I drove for about 160 miles before we caught a view of the Pacific Ocean. I stopped at a vista point to enjoy the view. Words alone could not describe the beauty and aesthetics of the surrounding area. The gusty and cold Northwest winds brushed up upon my face and body. I felt cold yet was able to sustain. The sun set upon the horizon with a gloomy, grayish, unpredictable overcast that filtered it's rays. The winds brushed up against the evergreens as I heard the trees swayed in its mercy. I tasted the salty sea as the ocean  broke upon the shore. Simply majestic.



















I drove for about another 60 miles before we reached our destination for Forks, Washington. For those who may not know, Twilight was based in that small town and the beaches located in the northwest coast of Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment