Monday, July 25, 2011

Bon Voyage

My brother and I left for our 1-month road trip adventure on 7/23/11 from Sparks, NV. Our first stop was for Jedediah Smith campground located in Crescent City, CA within Redwoods National Park. What I did not anticipate were the winding roads along CA Highway 299 W from Redding to Weaverville, CA and along US Highway 101 from Blue Lake, CA to our destination. I forgot that I suffered from motion sickness, and so did my brother. He offered to stop, but I told him to push on. We did not make it to our original destination and stopped @ Weaverville, CA. We ended up sleeping in our SUV under a light post @ a CVS parking lot. We left at around 5:30am for our destination. This time, I was prepared for the winding roads since I took Dramamine, an anti-emetic medicine. The only drawback was that I got drowsy after driving 150miles, and so my brother took over. We reached Jedediah Smith campground without a reservation for a tent site @ 12pm. Luckily there were 4 open tent sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment