Monday, July 25, 2011

Redwood National Park - Jedediah Smith Campground & Oregon coast

The drive through US Highway 101 was breathless the moment one caught a glimpse of the California coast. There was an overcast, so we could not see the ocean clearly.



We reached our destination @ 12pm, 7/24/11. Luckily, the campsite had 4 opened tent sites. After we made camp, we went off for the Boy Scout trail.
Made camp

The Boy Scout trail was a hard one because of its upward/downward slope, slippery, and winding trail that spanned a total round-trip of 4.6 miles. The trail was breath taking. I felt one with nature, and it sounds corny but it was true for me. I do not know about my brother because we were in each others' nerves before and during the trail. During the trail , I found life's problems gone as I enjoyed the scenery of God's creation. Unfortunately, life's problems came back into reality after the trail...
Off-trail, my brother and I hiked to see this behemoth Redwood tree dubbed Boy Scout!!!


Fern Falls was @ the end of the Boy Scout Trail.









 Vista Point along the Oregon Coast

Start of a trail in one of Oregon's many vista points.

No comments:

Post a Comment