Friday, November 25, 2011

A moment in time. The wedding of Jessi & Chris!

Moments in time... in life, we hold onto these moments that are encapsulated and frozen in our memories. These moments in time are as vivid as when they had occurred. One can recall even the minute details of such an event. Do you recall that first meeting, when both your eyes first crossed path? Do you remember how the both of you were introduced, your first date, or even the your first kiss? Well, this specific moment of time belonged to Jessi and Chris. They were wed on a beautiful and sunny Friday afternoon on the fourteenth of October, two-thousand eleven. 


It was a wonderful, small, and intimate wedding. It had a motif scenery of the country club out in Genoa Lakes, Nevada. The live music that played behind the background complemented the essence of the bride being walked up by her father. Up front, Chris and his best man dressed in Army military uniform were as ready as they will ever be. I knew that Chris understood the gravity of professing one's love and solidifying it in marriage to Jessi for all of time. I would not have the faintest idea of which is harder, deployment or stationed at the home front. As the wedding party walked in, I caught a glimpse of the mothers of the bride and groom dressed in matching red colors. Annette could not have been any happier for her daughter, and her face told the story. She was emotional, flushed, happy and blessed. Jim, the father of the bride was emotional as well! What father would not be, to give and offer their only daughter in marriage to her husband. The bridesmaids were dazzling in their chosen dresses of various cuts and trims. Their shoes too!




















Most of the Cendaña family were in attendance. We missed Dolores for she was sick and her boyfriend Jaime. After the wedding, me and the family took some pictures at the venue before we drove off to another location for the reception. 























At the reception, I took the opportunity and conversed with the bride's extended family. Later on, Annette, the mother of the bride introduced me to more people. I find myself apt in learning about people for the intrinsic value of social connectedness. The Hor d'oeuvres were quite tasty and appealing. 




















Then the newlyweds were introduced.


After the introduction, the couple made an announcement and the reception continued on. A live band played on the background, which added a unique kick to the festivity. Jim, the father of the bride gave a heartfelt message to the couple. After dinner, dancing commenced. I had to throw down a lil' bit of something something out on the dance floor. Actually, I was missing my steps because I could not dance to the type of music that the band was playing. Nevertheless, I was never short of trying. My brother Patrick on the other hand played it smooth, even got a dance with one of the bridesmaids. 











Then there was the couple's first dance, cutting of the cake, and two song tributes from Claribelle and Wendy. 







The most hilarious part of the evening was the garter toss for all the single men in the wedding. There were five of us men and a boy standing in front of me. As I watched Chris removed the garter from Jessi's thigh, I said to myself that I was not going all out to catch it. Sure enough, I did not try, but did not expect for the garter to land in front of me as I caught it with minimal effort. 









So, the night wrapped off with Chris surprised to see his truck decorated. 







To sum up, here was the message that I missed to give to the both of you during open mic.

I speak for the whole Cendaña family to let you know how honored and happy we are to be a part of your wedding and this wonderful celebration. We are happy that the both of you found each other. Do know that marriage is a blessing, and know that you have your family, extended family, and close friends to help you both walk through this journey when times get tough. Chris, you will share Jessi's abilities, ideas, hopes, plans, gifts, and dreams that she will bring into your marriage, you will depend on her knowledge, insight, expertise, faith and courage. Jessi, look towards Chris for leadership and boldness, leadership that is not selfish, bombastic, or domineering, but one marked by an attitude of servanthood. We wish you the best!


Congratulations

Jessi & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment