Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate." (Matthew 19:6)

A few thoughts on my mind...

Yesterday, 13.08.11 my good friend's younger brother got married in Latvia. I am happy for Joe and Anna. A lot went on these past few months. My good friend Joe got married to Emma on 10.06.11. A wonderful wedding held in San Clemente, CA. My sister Claribelle tied the knot with Roy this past June. She was the first of the CendaƱa siblings who got married and it was a beautiful thing! My best friend Dave and his wife Esther celebrated their 2-year anniversary this past July. My good friend Nick and his wife Mindy celebrated their 5-year anniversary this past July as well. My sister-in-law Jessi had set her wedding for this October.

Marriage cannot be taken lightly, for it is a life long commitment. A commitment that will test the very foundation of any union through thick and thin. A foundation hopefully based on God. Much like anything else, marriage takes work. I have come across many couples, some old, some young and when asked what makes their marriage work, they pretty much have said the same thing. They have said that it takes work, sacrifice, compromise, patience, and the greatest was love. During my road trip, I walked outside a restaurant and saw an older couple who walked down the street holding hands as they swung it like teenagers. At Mount Rainier, I met an older couple who was fun to be around with as I observed how they uniquely interacted with each other. At church, I noticed how my brother-in-law held my sister's hand and arm gently. As I observed these behaviors, I am reminded of the different manifestations of love. 

Love manifests happiness. Everyone needs love. Even though marriage takes work, it is the life long journey that one takes with their partner that makes it worth while. A journey of learning, discovery, and trial. Marriage is simply beautiful.     

No comments:

Post a Comment