Tuesday, August 30, 2011

KHANG & NARET "EVER AFTER"

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will    be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, inpenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."
C.S. Lewis (The Four Loves) 

My sister, Jaime, and I attended a fellow coworker’s wedding reception on August 27, 2011. It was a joyous occasion not just for the COUPLE, but those WHO shared it with them. I was honored that Khang was glad that I made it, because I was gone for 6 weeks on a trip as he tried to get a hold of me through my sister. Fortunately, my sister inquired the very same night of the reception if I was going. Unaware of the event that was to take place, I decided to go without hesitation.

David, Hoa, Chuong, Me
Me, Lil' Sis

Naret, Khang, Dolores

Me, Jayson, Eric, Walter. Los Al Bball Crew
At the reception, an oil-painted canvas of the couple greeted the guest as they arrived. Their pictures were taken with the couple as a party 
favour as they received a card afterwards. As everyone was seated, the celebration commenced. It was one filled with laughter, happiness, and tears of joy. What was an Asian party without karaoke? Two of our pharmacists came up on stage and sang a song addressed to the couple. After that, there were more singing and dancing as everyone had a good time. Most of my coworkers were in attendance, and that made it even more special for Khang.

As the couple made their way through each table, a microphone was handed to any one person who wanted to say a few words. When it came to our table, I said “Khang, words alone cannot express how happy and how much joy we have for the both of you. As you put your spouse’s needs before your own, you are confirming your commitment to each other” or something like that.
Pharmacy Advantage Crew

CONGRATULATIONS KHANG AND NARET!

No comments:

Post a Comment